The Air Conditioners we sell are systems designed to provide optimal efficiency and comfort. Now it’s time to do the same to your home. Here are some things you can do around the house to optimize the operation of your system, as well as the comfort inside your home.
COOLING SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
- Set the thermostat as high as comfort will permit.
- Make sure attics are adequately ventilated to relieve heat buildup. If necessary, improve airflow by adding or enlarging vents.
- When building a new house or renovating an old one, choose light-colored roof shingles to reflect more of the sun’s heat.
- During moderate weather, don’t use the air conditioner unnecessarily.
- Draw blinds or drapes to block the sunlight during the hottest part of the day.
- Install awnings over windows exposed to direct sunlight.
- In the cooling season, don’t run kitchen and bath exhaust fans longer than necessary.
- Don’t place lamps, TV sets or other heat-producing devices beneath a wall-mounted thermostat. Rising heat from that equipment may cause the air conditioning system to overcool your house.
For more tips to save you money, check out our blog http://www.stephenkdenny.com/blog-2/
Servicing all major brands of Air Conditioners, stephen k. denny Air Conditioning and Pool Heating of Jupiter Florida has been proudly serving Palm Beach, Martin, and St. Lucie Counties for over 25 years.