Indoor Air Quality Products & Services
Dirt, dust, pollen, and other contaminants build up over time and can cause serious problems with your indoor air quality (IAQ). People with asthma, allergies, and other respiratory conditions can be negatively impacted by poor IAQ if they’re not taken care of quickly. At Stephen K Denny, Inc., we offer excellent solutions that will improve your IAQ and focus on exceeding your expectations.
Indoor Air Quality Solutions
We understand that your family’s health is your main concern. That’s why we offer a variety of IAQ products to keep your indoor environment safe and clean in all conditions. Here are some of our products:
- Air Cleaners: There are a variety of air purifiers and filters, including pleated, fiberglass, electrostatic, electronic, and cabinet models. You can determine a filter’s effectiveness by looking at its MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) rating. A higher MERV rating means the filtration is finer and lets in fewer dust particles and contaminants.
- Ultraviolet (UV) lights: Are you having issues with biological growth buildup? Consider purchasing UV lights. They’re installed in the HVAC ductwork and near the evaporator coil to eliminate bacteria, biological growth and viruses from circulating in the air.
- Dehumidifiers: Are you noticing a musty smell in your home? Excess moisture in the air can cause allergies, rotting wood, water stains, and other issues. If you notice any of these in your home, you may consider purchasing a dehumidifier to remove the excess moisture in your home. Having a central dehumidifier will help ensure that your home keeps a healthy level of humidity year round.
How to Prevent Indoor Air Problems
Having air in your home that is fresh, healthy, clean, and free of toxins can provide you with many benefits. Here are a few ways you can prevent indoor air issues and improve your IAQ:
- Check for Harmful Gases: Make sure you test your home for radon. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among nonsmokers.
- Control Sources of Pollutants: To ensure that your home is free of pollutants, start off by creating a no smoking rule in your home. In addition to that, clean regularly to get rid of dust mites. They can aggravate allergy and asthma symptoms, especially in children.
- Keep Humidity in Check: Keeping the humidity levels in your home under 50 percent is essential to preventing biological growth buildup. If you reside in a coastal or warm region, using a dehumidifier will aid in removing excess moisture from the air.
We’re a Trane Comfort Specialist dealer, and we specialize in keeping the air in your home clean and healthy. If you have an IAQ problem, call Stephen K Denny today! Our service areas include Jupiter, Palm Beach County, Palm Beach Gardens, Wellington, Stuart, Boca Raton, Port St. Lucie, FL and the surrounding areas.